Jr. Fair Book
Cats – Department J-13
- Judging: Saturday two weeks prior to fair, 9:30 a.m.
Open to all members enrolled in the Cat Project and all cat exhibits must be the result of the regular 4-H work within the current year.
A cat will be disqualified if any of the following are found: ear mites, fleas, lice or poor general condition. No diseased cat may be shown.
Rabies and distemper inoculations and feline leukemia vaccination are recommended, but not required.
Members provide their own cage, cage drapery, floor rug, feed and water dish, and litter box. Cats must be kept on a restraint or leash, harness or collar at all times while on the Fairgrounds.
Long hair cats: to determine long from short hair, hair should measure 1” long on tail.
No pregnant or nursing females. Claws must be clipped. If claws are NOT clipped, judge may disqualify. Only altered males over 8 months can be shown.
One Grand Champion and one Reserve Champion will be selected from the department if there are at least 6 animals shown.
Project members may also exhibit in Department J-10, Class E, Petless Pet/Animal Project
Department J-13, Class A – Kittens
- Female kitten 4-8 months
- Male kitten 4-8 months
Department J-13, Class B – Adult Cats
- Female cat intact over 8 months
- Neutered males short hair over 8 months & under 5 years
- Spayed females short hair over 8 months & under 5 years
- Neutered males long hair over 8 months and under 5 years
- Spayed females long hair over 8 months and under 5 years
- Neutered males short hair over 5 years
- Spayed females short hair over 5 years
- Neutered males long hair over 5 years
- Spayed females long hair over 5 years
- Cat over 10 years old.
Department J-13, Class C – Decorated Cage
Members are able to decorate one cage for the cat project.
You may provide your own cage or a rabbit-size cage will be provided. This would be decorated, brought to the fair on entry day Wednesday and kept at the fair until released on Sunday. To be judged in Department J-10 – Animal And Veterinary Science
- Decorated cat cage.