Jr Fair Book
Exploring – Department J-17
- To be judged face-to-face Wednesday, 12 noon – 7 p.m.
Open to exhibitors enrolled in the Exploring project. Members may enter seven or fewer exhibits in this class. Three-five merit ribbons will be awarded.
- All posters to be 14”x22” in size.
- No glass dishes allowed in Exploring department (excluding closed terrariums).
- No bird nests or feathers (from endangered or protected species) should be brought in Explorers exhibits.
Department 17, Class A – Exploring 4-H
Class A – Exploring 4-H
- Handmade puppet.
- Poster or book showing six traffic signs, labeled.
- Simple bird feeder.
- Closed terrarium or plant started from slip. If using a glass jar for a terrarium, please make them stable so they do not roll.
- Six things from nature hike or six nature surface rubbings, identified (poster or booklet). No bird nests or feathers.
- 5 photos on same subject (for example: animals, flowers), labeled, on poster board no larger than 14”x22”.
- Collection of six insects or six bird pictures or photos, labeled. Could be displayed as a poster or in book form.
- Garden entry. Select one lot from Dept. J-14, Class C, Lots
1-39. Follow quantity guidelines listed for entry in Dept. J-14. Must be exhibited in Exploring Department.
- Wooden jigsaw/picture puzzle (please bring in a plastic bag).
- Handmade first-aid kit.
- (3) brownies/Rice Krispie treats (2”x2”), or 3 cookies approximately 2”x2”. (Remember these items will be on display for 5 days. Try not to bring food that will spoil sitting out.) Display on a paper plate inside a baggie or plastic covering.
- Nutritious snack (Remember these items will be on display for 5 days. Try not to bring food that will spoil sitting out.) Display on a paper plate inside a baggie or plastic covering.
- Drawing or painting by exhibitor, any medium, no larger than 14”x22”.
- Pillow or stuffed animal.
- Scarf, scrunchy or tote bag.
- Ceramic piece.
- Any stencil item. Display small items in a plastic bag.
- Any model from a kit.
- Tie-dyed article. If bringing a shirt, put on a hanger for display.
- Home decorating item. No pillow or stuffed animal.
- Any mosaic article.
- Any woodworking article (birdhouse, box, etc.).
- Any other exhibit/exploring, “NO ANIMALS.”