JOB DESCRIPTION: Fair Manager
REPORTS TO: President of Fair Board
CLASSIFICATION: Salaried - Pay based on experience and agreed structure
STATUS: Part time
Responsible for planning, organizing, coordinating, managing, and directing all operations, activities and personnel of the Waupaca County Fair.
HOURS OF WORK
The Fair Manager will work a minimum of approximately 1,200 hours annually. Manager will work part time from October thru May, increasing to full-time during June, July, August and September.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Oversees and coordinates all aspects of the county fair’s operations including administration, marketing, and event scheduling.
• Develops, along with the Fair Board, the annual budget and is responsible for administering it. Will forecast funding required for staffing, equipment, materials, and supplies; monitors expenditures
• Oversees purchasing functions and plans per purchasing agreement policy.
• Maintains the Fair Board's official files. Responds to all incoming and outgoing correspondence on behalf of the Fair Board as needed.
• In conjunction with the Fair Board, plan, implement and direct the policies and programs of the Waupaca County Fair.
• Evaluate staffing requirements; hires, trains, supervises, and monitors the performance of personnel. Advertises for and hires all employees.
• Keep up to date on new trends in programming and promotion for county fairs to help the Waupaca County Fair expand with creative opportunities.
• With the Fair Board, develops Waupaca County Fair programming and events to provide a broad spectrum of quality entertainment and recreational opportunities, including booking entertainment and family free events, etc.
• Develops annual fair schedule, considering all acts, services and events contracted by the Fair Board.
• Implements and oversees all advertising for the Waupaca County Fair.
• Accepts and reviews all booth vendor applications. Makes sure vendors have paid all applicable fees and deposits and have the proper insurance.
• Responsible for event organization, such as arranges for and schedules necessities such as tents, shavings, waste removal, etc. for the Waupaca County Fair.
• Designs and develops printed materials for the Waupaca County Fair, including brochures, posters, etc.
• Presents the Fair Board with enough information for its use in making decisions. Expresses his/her opinion at board meetings on all matters impacting the Waupaca County Fair.
• Works with the board to look at long term goals and helps make them happen.
• Solicits new sponsorships, grants, and donations for the Waupaca County Fair.
• Solicits volunteers to provide help with duties, as needed, in order to reduce overall fair expenses.
• Makes local, state and national convention arrangements for nine board members.
• Develops and prepares all membership letter, passes, and all other correspondence.
• Represents the Fair Board on an official level with public and private sector leaders at local, state and national meetings, conferences and other forums.
• Promotes and advocates the fair through a variety of media. Establishes and coordinate's media coverage for all events effectively representing the Fair within the community.
• Always maintains good public relations. Develops and maintains good working relationships with the public, town and county government and 4-H, FFA, and other youth organizations.
• Maintains inventory of furniture, equipment and supplies for the Waupaca County Fair; and ensures all are in proper working order.
• Enforces rules and regulations of the Waupaca County Fair in conjunction with the Fair Board.
• Conducts special projects and assignments as requested by the Fair Board.
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing with management, vendors, consultants, volunteers, fairs customers and fair employees.
• Perform other duties as assigned and required.
Education, Experience and Training
Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Special Training or Experience: Business communications marketing and advertising experience, office management, basic accounting, and computer training and experience are highly desirable.
• Ability to operate a vehicle or use public transportation
• Must have a valid Wisconsin Driver’s License
• Full-time resident of Waupaca County desirable
Send Resume to:
Mail to: Waupaca County Fair
P.O. Box 713
Weyauwega, WI 54983
Contact: Richard Luedke at 920-284-0110 with any questions
SERVICE GROUPS NEEDED
Could your group or organization use some extra money? Then the Waupaca County Fair held in Weyauwega, WI August 26-30, 2020 might just be the opportunity for you. The Waupaca County Fair is seeking out groups and organizations that would volunteer their time in various areas and then in return the group may receive a donation from the Waupaca County Fair for the group’s service hours. To apply, complete the online application. Applications will be reviewed and if selected will be notified by the fair manager. Please note that this is on a first come first serve basis.